Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm losing weight!

So, I've been on a new, self-directed weight loss plan since Saturday (January 4) because I quit working out a few weeks before Thanksgiving and had gained about 5 pounds or so. I am an avid customer of Beachbody.com and decided to buy one of their new workout plans: Power 90. However, I didn't want to wait until it delivered to start the program, so I did some Turbo Jam in the meantime. Plus I've been eating healthy. You know, fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean means, low fat, NO soda, etc. I think I've been eating 1500-1700 calories a day, maybe less. Well, I already lost over 3 pounds. I even had a "rest" day yesterday and still lost weight! Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. I feel better, have more energy (and I'm drinking less caffeine), feel stronger and slimmer.

And guess what else? I got Power 90 the other day (their shipping is fast!) and I love it! I like it better than Turbo Jam. It's way less complicated. The moves are simple and seem to work. I can feel that they work. It's a little more directed to men, but women do it too and have been successful with it. The only thing I didn't really like was the yoga warm-up. It was just way different to what I'm used to and the range of motions is really long. I'm not that flexible yet! Maybe the ones in the next level are better or maybe it will feel better as I keep doing it. Overall, I think it was pretty fun and I'm really looking forward to my next session. Speaking of which, I've been getting up at 5:30 in the morning to work out! I know, I'm shocked, too. The first few days I was tired, but I think I'm adapting.

Oh, and I ordered a heart rate monitor, too! I'm always excited about electronic gadgets! This should be cool. I saw it and had to have it, so hopefully I get a lot of use out of it. I'll post more about it when I get it and figure out all the features. It's coming tomorrow!!

No comments: