Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Countdown!

Woohoo! 13 days 'til I go to Mexico! I'm pretty excited! I checked and the weather in Monterrey is anywhere from the 50's to the 80's this week, which is WAY nicer than I am experiencing here in the snowy tundra of Michigan!

(Click here if you have no idea what I'm talking about and need some more background info. It is the entry in my old blog where I wrote about the trip.)

I just ordered 2 children's CD's: Niños Cantan Clasicos 1 & 2. So I have 13 days to go through it and figure out how to play at least 3 songs to play at the orphanages. I'm shooting more for 5 and hopefully other people on the team will step up and learn to sing them with me.

I know it's going to be a work trip, but I am still looking forward to getting away for a while. I haven't had a real vacation in a long time (Vegas with my family in 2006?) so this is the next best thing, in my books. Even more terrible, I haven't been out of the country since going to Mexico with Gabe and TDS in ... 2005, I think.

Anyway, I don't really know what to expect this time around. It's going to be a bit different than most of the other trips I've been on. I guess my biggest worry is that I don't bond with people and become a loner since I don't really know anyone else who is going. I'm really going to have to open myself up for this one. It should be fine, though.

No comments: