Wednesday, March 12, 2008

2008 is Marching on

Ok, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Can you believe that at the end of this month, we will be a quarter of the way through the year already? I guess I've been pretty busy. Let's see...What have I been doing? I've been reading more, almost every night. I've been working out 6 days a week (yes 6!), I've been cleaning more. Well, I guess you could say I've actually been doing the things that I made it my goal to work on more! Yes, I know, shocking!

I've also had some major disappointments. Or at least one. I didn't get that job that I was pretty sure I was going to get. And that is all I'm going to say about that. It's hard when you have your heart set on something, and you are basically already making plans in your head on what life is going to be like when you go through that change, and then it all comes crumbling down.

Either way, I've made a realization. Or a decision. Not sure which. But I think 2008 is going to be a great year, so I'm just going to say that and believe it. It is a year of transformations (physically and spiritually), a year of success, a year of growth, and all around a year of change. I mean, I don't really know what exactly the year has in store but I have a pretty good idea. In spite of disappointment and heartache, I still see lots of opportunities for hope. And let me add a note of wisdom, I guess you could call it. There will be no success where there is no action. If you want something, you have to go after it. So that is why I am:
Working out 6 days a week. (I think I also have 3 5k races planned this spring/summer)
finding oportunities to grow by reading and also, shhh, I haven't really told anyone, I'm also planning on getting involved at Rez again (the church I grew up in).
I can't really think of other things I'm doing, but I'm planning on doing a lot less sitting around this year!

Between my trip to Mexico and the leadership conference, I really felt a spark in the kindling in my heart. I have soaked in a lot of stuff and I'm still running different things through my head, but I think I had a good heart change in those times. Nothing drasticly different, but something like a push or a major shove in the right direction. So I'm excited to see where it takes me.

No comments: