Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I used to hate Valentine's Day. Now I think it's kind of lame and over commercialized. However, I still expect some sort of token of appreciation from my special someone. Just because.

Wikipedia says that Valentine's Day is named after a few different Christian Martyr's who shared the name Valentine. In the Bible times, they said "kiss one another with a holy kiss" and I heard that was because they never knew if they would ever see eachother again, so goodbye's were a whole lot different. Isn't it nice to know how times have changed? How I can work at a Christian company and worship freely in my place of worship and not worry about getting thrown in jail or killed? So maybe Valentine's Day is supposed to be a modern day "holy kiss": A yearly reminder where we all show one another appreciation and love because, in truth, we don't really know when and if we will see each other again.

No comments: